Tell me if this sounds familiar: You just moved in or are looking for a new home, you started shopping around online, you made Pinterest & Houzz inspiration boards, you bookmarked all your favorite items, you watched reruns of HGTV shows, you took notes from a YouTube video on how to DIY everything, and you have been stock piling coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond like nobody's business. You did the research and you gathered inspiration but where do you start? I’m here to tell you how in this blog post!
Living in a tiny space poses an issue. How can you store all of your stuff, make it functional, comfortable, and stylish all at the same time? Keep in mind these 5 tips when decorating your space.
1. DON'T OVERFILL YOUR SPACE
Just like the saying, "less is more" the same concept can be applied to your home. Leaving more open space makes the room feel larger. Try not to fill up your space and leave a little wiggle room.
2. BIG PIECES THAT MAKE A BIG IMPACT
It may seem counterintuitive, but surprising larger items can help a space feel bigger. For example, hanging an oversized painting above a sofa can visually enlarge a space.
3. EMBRACE TRANSPARENCY
Lucite or glass furniture gives the illusion of more space. Try using a lucite desk for a barely-there look that is both functional and stylish.
4. HIDE WORK PROJECTS
Carve out a place to work and a special place to tuck away reminders of projects so the rest of the day is free to relax and enjoy living. Instead of creating piles around the house (I'm guilty of this), leave a storage box handy to safely store your work items.
5. VERSATILE FURNITURE
What is better than a piece of furniture that has more than one purpose? Multi-functional pieces work in your favorite when it comes to small interiors. Storage ottomans, nesting tables that can be separated and used around the room, and even a coffee table that can be converted into a dining table.
Welcome to the No Basic Zone! Say Goodbye to the ordinary nightstand and Hello to unique! Here are 10 unconventional nightstands that add a little extra character and charm to your bedroom. 1. LADDER
2. NESTING TABLES
4. STEP STOOL
8. RECLAIMED WOOD
9. CHEST OF DRAWERS
Stray away from standard. Are you willing to be daring with your next nighstand? Which nightstand style was your favorite? Share your comment below, I would love to know! My favorite is the vintage trunk. Love the extra storage that it can pack - great for seasonal items.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin When it comes to designing, I feel like the bedroom gets neglected. The living room and kitchen tend to get the most focus and the bedroom usually is saved for last.
With a few quick changes, you can create a better bedroom without spending a lot of time or money.
1. ARTWORK - Artwork can change the feel of the room. It can add dimension and introduce colors into your space without painting. You can choose one large statement piece or opt for a gallery wall.
2. BED LINENS - A new comforter set can make your room feel brand new. You can even spruce up your bed with a throw blanket and some new pillows.
3. ADD LIFE - Place flowers or plants near your nightstand or in a place you can enjoy waking up to in the morning. We often use flowers for special occasions, why not make your bedroom feel a little special too? If you are looking for something low maintenance succulents or faux flowers can work!
4. DRESS YOUR WINDOWS - Don't over look window treatments, swapping out blinds for curtains can make a huge impact to your space.
5. DO IT YOURSELF - Make a statement with a fabulous headboard that you have created or a simple canopy. Get inspired by 30 Extraordinary Headboard Ideas.
6. LIGHTING - New lighting can change the way you look at your space and how it feels. Lighting really sets the mood for any room.
7. UNIQUE ELEMENTS - Add some character to your space with unique pieces such as a fun nightstand, a vintage chest, or a fabulous wall mirror. Having trouble deciding which piece to swap out for something different? Think about a place that you see the most - this way you can enjoy it the most :)
8. FRESH PAINT - A new coat of paint may be a bit time-consuming but it can also be a budget friendly way to change the entire look of the room.
How will you spruce up your bedroom? Tag AMA Designs on instagram so I can see your room! @byamadesigns #amadesigns
Feeling a little gray today on this overcast day (hey, I rhymed!) Although, I love a neutral color palette - I feel like gray is a bit overworked. I have been getting a lot of requests from friend and family members for "the perfect gray paint". How about we switch gears and warm it up a bit?! Lately, I have been gravitating towards colors with warmer undertones, such as Revere Pewter, which is the perfect warm grey. I have been more partial towards mink browns and taupe shades as well!
Take a look at a few warm spaces that I like - what do you think? Is gray here to stay or are you ready to save it for another day?