It's officially Spring and okay, I admit - I've got Spring fever! Woot woot! What I love about spring is bright cheery colors so today I will be discussing how to incorporate color into your home with ease! You can add color into your space with either soft pastels or bold colored accents. Whatever side of the color spectrum you choose, it will still breath life into your space. Bold colors are more energizing and pastel colors are soothing to the eye yet welcoming. I love bright colors balanced by neutrals. Use a neutral color as a background then layer color on top for a look that you won't grow tired of.
Explore color and find out what colors work for your home and personality. Don't know where to start? Take a look at your wardrobe, you tend to gravitate toward your favorite colors.
How to Add Color to Your Space
1. Decorative Accents - I love adding color and switching out color with decorative accents such as picture frames, candle holders, and vases (inexpensive ones that you can pick up at Target or Home Goods).
2. Area Rugs - Mix in area rugs with a colorful pattern to amplify your entry way or kitchen. You can even add a bright mat to your laundry room to boost your mood when folding your clothes.
3. Accent Pillows - Now that is getting warmer out, all the bright colors are out in stores. It makes me so happy! Not only can you add playful pillows indoors but outdoors too! Outdoor pillows make your backyard more inviting. The color and pattern draws your eye outside, making that lounge chair look super tempting to lay on!
4. Stationary - Is your work area feeling tired? Brighten it up with colorful stationary. Notepads, pens, storage boxes, and file holders can cheer up your desk.
5. Flowers - What is Spring without flowers? Place flowers (or faux flowers) in areas of your home that you will see them often. There is something about flowers that make your home feel extra special. Even if they are fake, flowers can add elegance and color into your space subtly.
6. Fresh Paint - Give an old piece of furniture a new look with a fresh coat of paint.
I hope you found these 6 tips to add color into your home helpful! Which tip was your favorite? Please share below! I would love to hear from you.
Love my blog and design tips? Join my monthly newsletter and become an A-List Member. All members receive a free gift when you join!