In this weeks blog post, I am sharing the top 10 summer colors for the home and how to decorate with color. I love decorating with color, especially during the summer with all the playful and bright colors. If you're looking to experiment with color this season, stick around! I will be sharing the Top 10 Summer colors this year and how you can use them in your home.
Top 10 Summer Colors for the Home:
1. Citrus Lime - One of my favorite summer colors. This color is better in small doses. Play with this hue by using it as an accent color for smaller accessories or in artwork. To compliment this bold hue, pair shades of lime with neutrals like beige or taupe.
(Image via HGTV House Tour)
2. Ice Blue - Ice blue tones are great for creating a serene environment. This color can be used on larger pieces like curtain panels, area rugs, bedding, and walls.
3. Coral - Coral is a strong hue that is part pink and part orange. This playful and bold color will energize any space. To balance the density of this color, try pairing it with navy, beige, or even ice blue.
(Image via House Beautiful)
4. Orchid - Orchid is a beautiful color to mix with white or grey. Couple Orchid and Orange throw pillows together for a playful and cheery look on any sofa. Orchid also pairs well with deep teals and peacock blues which balances this lively hue.
5. Classic Navy - Navy is the new black. Navy has become one of the hottest neutrals to use in your home. Navy is so versatile. It could be used as an accent color, a wall color, or as a neutral to balance bold colors.
6. Turquoise - I love turquoise accessories especially for outdoors. There is something about pairing lime green and turquoise that instantly reminds me of "summer". Aside from being outdoors, turquoise can be a great indoor color as well. I used this turquoise and white in a Teen bedroom I designed.
7. Yellow - Sunny yellows instantly perk up a space. Check out the yellow wallpaper that was used in this foyer - I would love to be greeted into this space! Great for spaces that you need more energy such as a work-out room or office. Cheer up your space by adding pops of yellow in a grey or white room.
(Image via Centsational Girl)
8. Crisp White - Crisp whites is an everyday basic. Use white as a backdrop to display art, collections, and other decor. Let your accessories showcase your personality and add life to the space. For a sophisticated and clean design, consider a monochromatic room in all white.
(Image via View Along the Way)
9. Orange - Orange has always been a summer favorite. Shades of orange can be used in rooms to promote activity and energy. Add pops of orange behind bookcases in an office or use tangerine as an accent furniture color like the living room below.
(Image via Better Homes & Gardens)
10. Blush Pink - Blush tones make wonderful neutrals or soft feminine accent colors. Blush pinks soften dark harsh colors like black and other deep tones.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. I encourage you to play with color in your home. Color transforms your space and how you feel when you walk into the room. Which color will you choose to welcome into your space? Share below.
Want more design tips? Join "The Designed Life" monthly e-magazine, filled with tons of inspiration for the home and life. Also, receive a free Home Design Checklist to make your next shopping trip for your home easier.