As we make the slow transition into Spring, we naturally turn our attention to cleaning and updating our homes. This is the time where I flip my home inside out and upside down for a major cleanse. To help prepare you for the always-busy months ahead, I've created a Spring Cleaning Checklist to use as a guide:
- Purge Closets - Separate your items into piles as you pack away winter clothes. Donate or toss the items that you will no longer need or will not wear next season.
- Organize - It's time to tidy-up. Store toys in storage baskets/bins. Keep your desk neat with drawer organizers and file storage. Add hooks near the front door to hang those easy-to-lose keys. Find a home for everything to make life easier.
- Office Update - Freshen up your work environment by organizing your files, archiving old files, and even deleting unwanted files on your computer. Organize receipts by store so you can easily find them later. Shred paperwork that has personal information on it. Invest in a planner or other stationary, that you can use to jot down ideas and To Do items.
- Living Update - Your family/living room is very active. To preserve your furniture longer, flip and rotate seat cushions so they can wear evenly. Don't forget to fluff back pillows too! If your throw pillows have seen better days but the casings are in good condition, consider purchasing new pillow inserts.
- Clean Window Treatments - Remove dust from blinds and wash curtains to breath easily this Spring. Don't forget to clean screens daily during high pollen weeks.
- New Bed Linens - Revive your bed with new bed linens and sheets. Swap out your winter-weight duvet with a light-weight comforter or quilt.
- Fresh Scent - Enjoy walking into your space with a fresh scent. There is something about a nice smelling candle that instantly makes a room feel clean (doesn't mean you can skip cleaning tho!). Use reed-diffusers or display potpourri in a decorative bowl.
- Replace Doormats - Your door mat took a beating this winter. Freshen up your entry with a new door mat or hallway runner.
- Revive Exterior - Power wash the siding on the exterior of your home to remove winter debris.
- Prep Outdoor Spaces - Don't get stuck cleaning your porch the day of your first BBQ. Prep and clean your patio and outdoor furniture now to enjoy all season long. You will be happy that you did!
- Outdoor Entertaining Items - Keep your outdoor dishes and utensils near your outdoor dining set or where you prepare meals so you can serve guests with ease. Stop yourself from running in and out of the house during a party by storing entertaining items in a convenient place.
I hope you have found these tips helpful while you prepare for Spring.
What are some tasks that help you prepare for the warm months ahead? Share your favorite tip below.
Do you love AMA Designs? Want more design tips? Join "The Designed Life" monthly e-magazine, filled with tons of inspiration for the home and life. Also, receive a free Home Design Checklist to make your next shopping trip for your home easier.