Distressed furniture, antique decor, and linen fabrics OOZE Shabby Chic style. Shabby chic is the sister-style to coastal chic, cottage decor, and french country. It is the blend of furnishings that are chosen for their aged appearance, elegant antiques and a soft color palette. My personal style is totally chic/stylish/glam than it is Shabby. Hence why I am sharing how to create a NOT-SO Shabby Chic Interior with my 5 Easy decorating tips:
1) COLOR - The color palette in a shabby chic interior is generally neutral. Colors tend to be pure white, ecrus, and faded out hues such as blush pink, soft blues, and pale green. The soft color scheme provides a neutral background to allow your vintage pieces speak for themselves. (Yes, furniture speaks to me :P )
2) PATTERN - When I think of "Shabby Chic," instantly what comes to my mind is vintage florals and a classic ticking stripe pattern. You can also add toile or chinoiserie patterns (two-tone cotton or line fabric with a scenic pattern: toile is French/chinoiserie is Chinese).
3) TEXTURE - I love playing with texture when it comes to fabric. To recreate the feel of shabby chic decor, incorporate cotton and linen fabrics. Since both these fabrics have a flat texture, I would personally add quilted fabrics and crocheted blankets that are soft to touch and make you want to snuggle! :) For storage, add wicker baskets or a wicker storage ottoman.
4) LIGHTING - Add vintage chandeliers or period inspired candlesticks on a bedside table. If you are feeling crafty, I would spray paint a vintage chandelier in a soft pink or mint for a pop of color.
5) DECOR - Now for the fun part; accessories! Go thrifting and find antique picture frames, a fabulous antique mirror, a gold side chair, distressed accent tables, old books, and trinkets to take your space to the next level.
This weeks blog post was HIGHLY requested! Do you LOVE a certain style but don't know how to achieve it? Drop a comment below or email email@example.com on what topics you want to read next. Ask and you shall receive! I would love to hear from you. :)
Hope your day is as AWESOME as you are!
** Remember, if you like this post - SHARE IT :) **