As a designer and someone who works closely with realtors (my fiance is one), I've witnessed the power of home staging first hand. Home staging is the act of preparing and showcasing your home for sale. The benefits of home staging have been statistically proven to be highly effective by numerous surveys and real estate reports. Homeowners who have not hired a home stager before, may not be familiar with the benefits of having a well-staged home. If you are getting ready to sell your home and find yourself asking the question, "Does home staging really work?" - stick around!
As a homeowner (seller), think of your home as a product. You are offering your product to the market place and want to appeal to as many customers as possible (aka buyers). Your home is no longer "your home" anymore, it is a product.
The average buyer is looking for move-in ready conditions. Overly personalized rooms may detract and distract potential buyers. Loads of pictures frames, dated wallpaper, and the pencil marks on the wall marking your yearly height growth have got to go (sorry!).
There is only one chance to make a great first-impression. Within a few minutes of walking into a home, a potential buyer will have an emotional connection and can feel if it is a home is for them or not.
Present your home in its best light. Let your home speak for itself in a positive way.
If you are looking to sell your home, here are some statistics according to the National Association of Realtors (N.A.R.).
10 BENEFITS OF HOME STAGING
According to the National Association of Realtors (N.A.R.)
- Sell High: Studies have shown that staged homes on average sold up to 6% higher
- Sell Fast: Staged homes sell 40% faster than unstaged homes. According to the NAR, the longer a property stays in the market, the lower the price it will attract.
- Great Return on Investment: The costs of staging your home is less than your first price drop! An NAR survey reveals that a 1-3% investment on home staging yields a 8-10% return
- Online Photos Stand Out: Professionally staged homes make listing photos stand out online compared competitors in the market. Immediately capturing the buyers attention online is important as 90% of potential home buyers start their property search online first.
- More Showings: Staged homes attract more visibility online, which increases the willingness to view the home in-person, more foot-traffic/showings, and more offers.
- Emotional Connection: Staged homes make it easier for the buyer to visualize a property as their future home up to 78%
- Save on Holding Costs: The more time a home sits on the market, the more holding costs for mortgage costs and utility costs add up. Studies have shown that on average, staged home saved up to $2,122.00 in mortgage payments (without utility included).
- Selling Features are Highlighted:The features and key selling points of the home are highlighted and “flaws” are overlooked. Showcasing the home in it’s best light.
- Maximize Profit, Minimize Stress:Investing in staging services ensures that your home is making a great first-impression to potential buyers and that you aren’t leaving money on the table and reduce the stress of your house sitting in the market.
- Move-In Ready:Homes that are staged, appear “move-in ready” and well-maintained which make purchasing the home more compelling